Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
This program offers:
- Preparation of young learners for success in school.
- A variety of social and learning activities.
- Exciting, informative parent and child activities.
School Readiness Program Children:
- benefit from a wide variety of learning experiences so that they are ready for success when they begin kindergarten.
- have opportunities to enhance their social skills through play and learning activities with children their own age.
- places an emphasis on literacy with appropriate pre-reading curriculum.
- experiment with numbers and beginning math concepts.
- develop both small and large muscle skill through daily physical activities.
- are monitored quarterly on their academic progress.
- receive monthly home learning packets and free books.
- Child must be age four by September 1 of that school year. NOTE: Must be toilet-trained.
- Students qualify according to State of Michigan guidelines.
- Parents are urged to participate in their child's learning.
- Transportation provided.
- Special needs children are encouraged to apply.
- Tuition spots only available if unable to fill with those that qualify for free.
Additional registration information can be on the AAESA's School Readiness website.